November 6-10, 2017
The Enrichment Practice
Lead Faculty: Nikki Costello
Location: New York City
Apply online for this program
About This Program
The Enrichment Practice is a continuing education program developed by Nikki Costello for students committed to the study and practice of yoga. This 5-day course creates a retreat environment where students have an opportunity to explore themselves in depth through the practice of asana, pranayama and meditation. Simultaneously, Nikki skillfully threads a philosophical theme throughout the five days and facilitates a dialogue amongst participants to challenge, inspire, and provoke their understanding of yoga as a path of self-development, enrichment and transformation.
Foundations of Excellence: Cultivate greatness in yourself, encourage greatness in others and lead by example to serve your community.
In this course you will:
- Practice the shape and basic actions in the foundational asanas; including standing poses, seated poses, forward extensions, backward extensions and inversions.
- Progress step by step from basic to intermediate to advanced poses by applying principles of alignment and action at each stage of learning
- Experience deep relaxation and meditation with simple and effective pranayama instruction
- Learn to sequence with strategy and create the circumstances for success in your practice and teaching
- Deepen your understanding of Iyengar Yoga principles to guide and support a healthy and balanced yoga practice free from injury and strain for you and your students
- Sharpen your observation skills and develop an ear for good instruction and clear articulation
- Debrief each practice session with the group to expand your knowledge by listening to the diverse and unique voice of each participant
Monday, November 6 – Friday, November 10, 2017
8:30am- 11:45pm- Study and Practice
11:45am-1:15pm- Lunch Pause
1:15pm- 5:30pm- Study and Practice
The entire five days will be held at Yoga Shanti, New York City, 46 West 24th Street.
Nikki Costello is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher (CIYT) and a Certified Yoga Therapist (IAYT) For 24 years, her teaching has been influenced by annual trips to India, the study of philosophical and scriptural texts and a daily practice of meditation. In 2013, Nikki was a contributing editor at Yoga Journal, writing the magazine’s “Basics Column” and in 2016, she was named one of the 100 Most Influential Teachers in America. Nikki is recognized as a thought leader in the global yoga community and shares her wisdom and expertise in yoga and meditation retreats around the world. When at home in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, she teaches public classes at Kula Yoga and Yoga Shanti and maintains a well-established private practice in New York City, guiding individuals on all levels of their health and well-being.
The early Bird rate for the course is $960 if paid in full by September 24, 2017. Thereafter the cost is $1200.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until October 23rd, 2017. There is a non-refundable application deposit of $100 for students who are new to The Enrichment Practice with Nikki Costello. This amount will be applied towards your tuition if your application is accepted. Please use this form to submit your application. Note: For students who have already participated in any of The Eerichment Practice modules since January 2013, you do not have to complete a full application or pay the $100 deposit, and should instead please use this form instead to enroll in this Foundations of Excellence module, and we will get back to you regarding payment. Once you have committed to the program via paying the tuition, there are no refunds.