Saturday, August 19, 2017
White WOOM Sound Experience
With David and Elian Zach-Shemesh
Location: Sag Harbor
Level: Open (all students welcome)
Cost: $50 in advance, $60 on day of.
This immersive sonic journey inward invites you to explore non-ordinary states of consciousness in a safe and supportive setting. The journey includes 5 chapters:
- Talk. About the therapeutic properties of sound and how to use it as a meditative tool.
- Vocal Meditation. Using our own voices, we will explore the delicate balance between contributing to the collective and personal receptivity.
- Breathwork. Inspired by Stanislav Grof’s Holotropic technique, we will practice a powerful form breath that enables to disconnect from the “monkey mind” and reach heightened states of awareness and a deeper state of meditation.
- Sound. We will play a variety of overtone-emitting instruments, including gongs, Himalayan singing bowls, tuning forks, bells, and chimes.
- Connecting. An opportunity to share musings, thoughts, feelings and poetics about our individual experiences. We will all be wearing white, as we embody our purest, most abundant and generous selves.
We will all be wearing white, as we embody our purest, most abundant and generous selves.