Yoga Shanti 300-Hour
Advanced Teacher Training
A Unique Modular Program for Advanced Certification
The Yoga Shanti 300-hour advanced training builds upon and deepens the trainee’s understanding of the fundamental concepts of the practice and teaching of yoga—preparing the trainee to teach principles and techniques of yoga that are more advanced, detailed and subtle, and with greater skill than could be reasonably cultivated from a 200-hour teacher training. Our unique modular program offers an exciting and accessible opportunity for students to complete the certification within an extended time frame that suits their schedule. Advanced students with no intention of matriculating into the 300-hour certification path can also participate in any of the 50-hour modules on a stand alone basis for continuing education credits.
The Modular Format
Students can choose either of two options:
- Matriculate into the entire 5-module program and receive your 300-hour certification.
- Sign up on a module by module basis (a la carte) and study specifically what interests you most.
The training groups are intimate, allowing for plenty of individual attention and mentorship. Senior teachers guide you in establishing a strong foundation for a lifelong study of yoga. Curriculum will include a deeper look into your daily home practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation; teaching skills including sequencing, seeing and understanding bodies, manual adjusting and assisting; anatomy, philosophy, and chanting.
Together, we’ll examine the principles of Shanti-style sequencing in a range of categories; explore an advanced syllabus of yoga asana and philosophy; and look more deeply at seeing and understanding bodies in order to practice a wider range of hands-on adjustments. Join us on a journey that will expand your mind, deepen your practice, free your breath, and inspire your teaching!
Note: If you are taking the modules for accreditation, you’ll be required to do an additional 5 hours of work outside class for each module. This will consist of selected mentors meetings, readings, writings, logs of your daily practice, class observation logs and the creation of sequences. Other assignments may be added at the teacher’s discretion.
Modules & Curriculum
- MODULE YS301: Sequencing and Manual Adjustments/Seeing and Understanding Bodies
- MODULE YS302: Refining Teaching, Safe Vinyasa Flow and Teaching of Specific Shanti-Style Classes
- MODULE YS303: Pranayama, Bandhas, Philosophy and History
- MODULE YS304: Therapeutics, Restorative and Anatomy
- MODULE YS305: Vinyasa Flow, Arm Balances, Hip Openers and Inversions
This teacher training is designed for students who have already completed a 200-hour program. Serious practitioners looking to continue their personal studies in yoga are also welcome to apply. Admittance into the program is subject to approval on a case by case basis.
- Tuition for each Individual Module is $1150, unless otherwise specified.
- Tuition for the Entire Program (all 5 modules) for newly matriculating students is $4750. (A payment plan is available).
- There is also the option of late matriculation at a discount for students who have already taken a maximum of 2 modules within the past 12 months. This is $5000 for students who have taken one module, or $5250 for students who have taken two modules—less the tuition already paid for past modules.
Terms of Enrollment
Students matriculating into the 300-hour program with discount tuition must complete all 5 modules within 12 months of application into the program. At the date of application, each of the 5 modules will already be open for enrollment on the calendar, and will reoccur once again within the 12 months following enrollment. We encourage students to complete the modules as early as possible and to otherwise take responsibility for making themselves available to complete any deferred modules when they are next scheduled within the year. Matriculated students cannot re-take the same modules within the 12 months, unless deemed necessary by faculty. If a student does not complete all modules within the 12 month period, they may take any remaining modules at any time thereafter—providing they are still offered—and at supplemental tuition.
Students taking modules on a non-matriculated basis must consider them as stand alone 50-hour courses, and acknowledge that while there may the option of enrolling in addition modules and accruing hours towards the 300-hour advanced training in the future—this is not a guaranteed possibility.
How to Apply
Please use this application form to enroll in any of the 50-hour modules or to apply to matriculate in the 300-hour advanced training program. For already matriculated students, or those who wish to take advantage of the late matriculation discount, there are options on the form to indicate your preference and history.
|Start Date||Ref.||Course Name||City||State||Sign Up|
|Feb 1, 2019||YS304||Therapeutics, Restorative, and Anatomy||New York||NY||Full Details|
|Feb 22, 2019||YS305||Vinyasa Flow, Arm Balances, Hip Openers & Inversions||New York||NY||Full Details|