December 1-5, 2019
Yoga and Meditation Retreat in Placencia, Belize
With Colleen Saidman Yee & Rodney Yee
Location: Naia Beach Resort and Spa, Placencia
About This Retreat
Join Colleen and Rodney in Belize at the beautiful boutique resort, Naia Resort and Spa, for an intimate yoga and meditation retreat. Naia Resort and Spa encompasses 19 acres of secluded beachfront and lush landscapes within the private 200-acre Cocoplum Community on Belize’s Placencia Peninsula. The property extends along nearly a mile of palm-studded beach, where 35 beautifully-appointed Beach Houses envelop guests in casual, residential-style luxury.
Naia Beach Resort & Spa
At the heart of the resort lies Naia Spa, so named to reflect the free-spirited nature of the resort and the ever-present connection between land and water. This breathtaking retreat is spread over a collection of small islands dotting an enchanting freshwater lagoon where skilled and experienced therapists work their restorative magic. The spa also features a fully-equipped fitness center, plus a yoga and movement studio that overlooks a tranquil lagoon. Three inviting restaurants invite you to savor an authentic taste of Belize with seasonally-influenced menus and specialty drinks. Explore the beauty of the peninsula with kayaks and paddleboards, enjoy a refreshing swim in the saltwater pool, or journey further afield to explore one of the many cultural, land or sea tours.
Studio Beach Houses
Casual yet luxurious, the Studio Beach Houses offer a tranquil seaside retreat like no other. Dotted along a palm-studded beach, and with 646 square-foot of space, the open-plan Studios come complete with 13-foot ceilings crafted from beautiful local hardwoods. Large glass doors open out onto a private veranda that offers direct access to the sandy shores, or simply acts as the perfect place to relax and listen to the waves. A thoughtfully designed bathroom features a spacious indoor tub with shower, as well as a stunning outdoor shower surrounded by specially designed landscaping, creating a delicious dilemma over how best to refresh at the end of the day.
Rates & Accommodation
Studios are available as Beach Front or Beach View depending on whether you want to wake up to the ocean right on your doorstep, or be a little more nestled among our natural foliage. Both feature direct views of the Caribbean Sea, and the following features:
- 646 square-foot of space, including a private outdoor veranda with direct beach access
- King size bed with 100% cotton Matouk sheets
- En suite bathroom with indoor deep-soaking tub and overhead shower, his and her vanities, outdoor garden shower, blow dryer, 100% Turkish cotton serenity bathrobes and towels, Naia signature scent bath amenities and Bella Dees organic handmade soaps
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Large closet with hanging rail and custom-built shelving
- Iron and ironing board
- In-room safe, telephone, flashlight and umbrella
- Wireless internet access, large flat-screen Smart television and Bose sound system with docking station
- Breakfast bar with seating plus wet bar with mini fridge, coffee maker, fresh coffee beans, grinder and plunge pot, electric kettle and a selection of teas
- Specially curated local and regional artwork
- U.S. compatible electrical outlets
- Single Occupancy: $3900
- Double Occupancy: $3700 (per person, sharing King sized bed)
- You will select whether you prefer Beach Front or Beach View during registration.
Travel to Belize airport (BZE) is not included. Plan to arrive the morning of December 1st. A private plane will transport the retreat group from the airport to Placencia—this transfer is included in the cost of the retreat. A valid passport is required for all travel on this retreat.
- December 1st
Arrival and 2-hour evening yoga practice
- December 2nd-4th
7:00-9:00am: Light snack
2:00-5:00pm: Free time
5:00 – 6:30: Yoga
- December 5th:
Morning coffee with lite bites, followed by 1-hour yoga practice
Early registration is recommended to secure your preferred accommodation. A $1500 deposit per person is required upon registration to reserve your space, a $500 portion of which is non-refundable. The full retreat balance is due by September 1st, 2019, which solidifies your reservation. There are options on the registration form to pay for the retreat in full or in monthly installments. Reservations after September 1st, 2019 must be paid in full when registering. Click here to register for this Belize Yoga and Meditation Retreat.
For cancellations received before September 1st, 2019, you will receive a refund of monies paid, less a $500 non-refundable administration fee per person. No refunds at all will be given for any cancellations after September 1st, 2019. Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.