July 19 - September 3, 2021
Summer 200Hr Intensive Livestream Yoga Teacher Training
With Colleen Saidman Yee and Rodney Yee
Location: Livestream Event
Details: 4 week-long Intensives During the Summer
About This Program
Enroll by May 31st for $300 Early Bird tuition discount.
Yoga Shanti’s 200-hour teacher training is an opportunity to open a doorway into self-awareness of body, mind and spirit. This training will include 6 weeks of direct study with Colleen and Rodney in a convenient online format. This program is designed to immerse you in the study of yoga, enriching and strengthening your personal practice, and preparing you to teach a set of safe Shanti-style sequences.
The curriculum will include cultivating a daily home practice of asana, pranayama and meditation with a focus on alignment, flow and inquiry of the subtle. You will develop teaching skills including sequencing, seeing and understanding bodies, and manual adjusting. Your study will also include anatomy, philosophy and the practice of anti-racism and inclusion. Plenty of individual attention and mentorship will be available for each student. This training has the potential to transform your life, and we hope that you will join us on this ever-unfolding journey.
The training consists of 4 week-long immersions. The format is one week of study followed by one week off (see exact dates below). During the “off” weeks, the group meets for compulsory one-hour mentorship meetings on Tuesdays. Students are required to attend all training sessions live for a minimum of 80% real-time participation. The entire program will also be recorded and available for on-demand replay so that students can bring themselves up to speed if there is an occasional scheduling conflict. These replays are also an invaluable resource for students during the entire program, allowing for the review of content during home-study.
- Week 1: Monday, July 19th – Friday, July 23rd
- Week 2: Monday, August 2nd – Friday, August 6th
- Week 3: Monday, August 16th – Friday, August 20th
- Week 4: Monday, August 30th – Friday, September 3rd
- Additionally: Students are required to take (2) yoga classes during each off week. These classes can be taken live or on-demand any time within the same week. Students will also be required to observe a total of (2) public classes over the course of the program.
- Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri: 9:30-4:30pm (EST)
- Weds: 9:30-5:00pm (EST)
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Yoga for Life by Colleen Saidman
- When Love Comes to Light by Richard Freeman
- The Yoga of Breath: A Step-by-Step Guide to Pranayama by Richard Rosen
- The Mirror of Yoga: Awakening the Intelligence of Body and Mind by Richard Freeman
- Also required: Subscription to Gaia Yoga Foundations for the duration of training.
Suggested Props for Home Practice
- A Yoga Mat
- 2 Yoga Bricks (foam or cork)
- 3 Blankets
- 1 Yoga belt or strap
- 1 Sandbag (fill with 5 lb fish tank pebbles)
- A reliable internet connection and computer/smart-phone with camera.
- A location in your home that you can set up as a yoga practice space.
- A set up so that instructors can review your practice virtually. Your space should be well lit, so that you are clearly visible on screen. It is important that instructors are able to see your full practice space.
Tuition for this program is $2660* and includes unlimited online yoga classes with Yoga Shanti for the duration of training. Graduates of previous Yoga Shanti Teacher Trainings can participate in this training at a reduced tuition of $1960. Please email your graduation certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org to access this discount code. Enrollment is limited to 64 students.
*Enroll by May 31st for $300 Early Bird tuition discount.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Students may withdraw from the training up until end-of-day on June 15th, 2021 for any reason for a refund of any tuition paid, less a completely non-refundable $300 administrative deposit. After June 15th, 2021 no refunds will be given but the funds may be used towards another training should we schedule another within one year from the student’s original application date. Students on payment plans who withdraw are required to complete their tuition payments on the original schedule in order to be eligible to participate in another training within one year. In the event that we do not schedule another training, the entire sum will be non-refundable. In the event that a student is refused continuation of the program at any time for any reason, there will be no refunds made and the student will be charged any remaining tuition balance.