June 27-30, 2020
20-Hour Pelvic Floor Yoga™ Teacher Training (for Women*)
With Leslie Howard
In New York, NY
Studio: Yoga Shanti Tribeca in New York, NY
Details: Sold out. Waiting list only.
About This Program
In this twenty hour training, we will delve deeper into how to teach students with pelvic floor issues and applying Pelvic Floor Yoga™. Topics will include:
- Cultural, medical and historical contexts of women and the pelvis
- Current understanding of the pelvis, sexuality, misconceptions and modern medical care
- In depth anatomy of the pelvis, hip flexors and rotators and connective musculature and how they translate into pelvic health
- How posture affects the pelvic floor
- Identifying hypertonic vs. hypotonic muscles and the difference between a strong muscle and a tense muscle and a loose muscle
- The role of emotion on the breath and how this impacts the pelvic floor
- How to teach breath and asana to women who need tone in their pelvis and as well as those who have too much tone
- How to hold a safe environment for women
- What to do with the pelvic floor during all stages of pre and post natal
- Restorative yoga for the pelvic floor
The training includes an e-book version of Leslie’s Pelvic Liberation which is the required reading. The training can be used for continuing education for Yoga Alliance and NCBTMB. Each day we will have a short break.
* This training is for self-identified women
Saturday: 1:00-6:45pm (Can be attended as a standalone workshop) (please note day one of the training is the one day workshop)
Monday: 9:00-11:45am (Lunch Break 11:45-1:15pm) 1:15 – 3:30pm
Tuesday: 9:00-11:45am (Lunch Break 11:45-1:15pm) 1:15-3:30pm
Leslie Howard is an Oakland-based yoga teacher, specializing in all things pelvic. She leads workshops and trainings nationally and has written a book about the female pelvis, Pelvic Liberation. She is a regular presenter for the Yoga Journal conferences and a regular contributor to Yoga Journal magazine. Her own struggles with healing her hips and pelvis led her to intense study of the anatomy, physiology, cultural messaging, history and energetics of this rich place. Her teaching is informed by over 3500 hours of yoga study with senior Iyengar yoga teachers. She considers Ramanand Patel her most important influence and mentor. She has designed two very successful studies for UCSF on yoga to alleviate incontinence and pelvic pain. To learn more about Leslie, visit lesliehowardyoga.com.
Tuition for this training is $650 if registered by March 1st, $695 thereafter. This training is limited to 26 students. This training is currently sold out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list for this training.