April 25-26, 2020
Sanskrit Studies Module 1: Learn the Sanskrit Alphabet
Level: Open (all students welcome)
This course is an immersion into the Sanskrit language through the study of the Sanskrit Studies Method. Manorama will introduce the Sanskrit alphabet, and share select asana names, select mantras, as well as Luminous Soul Meditation and principles.
- Saturday, April 25th: 12:30-4:30pm
- Sunday, April 26th: 1:00-5:00pm
- proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease;
- why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener;
- the unique Sanskrit Studies Method of learning Sanskrit;
- the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to quiet the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge;
- and develop insight into how Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the Course Include:
- proper pronunciation of the Sanskrit alphabet;
- understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice, as well as in chanting Sanskrit mantras;
- practice the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time;
- develop skill in chanting the select mantras which are popular in yoga classes around the world;
- Practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
You’ll leave this Sanskrit Studies workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate the principles of the Sanskrit Studies Method into your life. This course is great for yoga teachers and students interested to deepen their knowledge of yoga.
Manorama is the founder of the Sanskrit Studies™ Method of learning Sanskrit. She is also the founder of Luminous Soul™. Manorama evokes healing through the universal arts of language and conscious living. “Happiness,” she often says, “is the free flow of energy, and communication is energy. When we use our voices authentically and confidently, we create harmony between ourselves and others.” A renowned, highly respected teacher, Manorama offers Sanskrit Studies Method™ programs for yoga teacher trainings, as well as Luminous Soul retreats. She tours the globe, training students in the Sanskrit Studies Method and the Luminous Soul Method™. Through the Sanskrit Studies Method Manorama offers a direct, accessible and joyful approach to Sanskrit, encouraging her students to focus on its dynamic sound qualities and philosophical beauty rather than simply memorizing grammar.