Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship
Yoga Shanti is dedicated to increasing diversity in the yoga community and making yoga accessible to as many people as possible.
As part of our commitment to this endeavor, we have established The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship to encourage and assist people from under-represented groups join our Teacher Training.
To be eligible, applicants must identify with one of the following categories and must complete and submit the application by the program application deadline.
This is not a scholarship solely based on financial need, rather it is an invitation and incentive to those students who believe that, because of the way they present in the world, they would help to create a more inclusive and safe environment for others. No scholarship is ever given for the full amount. The highest amount of scholarship is approximately $1500. The scholarship amount is determined based on the number of scholarship applicants and the full number of students enrolled in each teacher training. Please be thorough and convincing in your application.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be asked to confirm your acceptance with a deposit (dependent on the amount of funds awarded) within one week of receiving the award to ensure your commitment and so that we can determine our distribution of scholarship funds. Your commitment is important because we do not want an eligible scholarship candidate to lose an opportunity and your acceptance of the scholarship inevitably means that someone else did not receive funds that would have allowed them to enroll.
If a scholarship recipient withdraws from the teacher training for any reason, any tuition payments will not be refunded. The funds paid, however, can be used toward a future teacher training program within one year. You will have to reapply for a scholarship, as scholarships are awarded based on the pool of applicants.
- Two Yoga Shanti Classes: You must have taken two (2) online classes with Yoga Shanti prior to applying for a scholarship. One of these classes must be with Colleen Saidman and/or Rodney Yee, and the second class can be with any of our teachers but must be listed as a “Zoom” class. For each class you should write a very simple paragraph (maximum 200 characters) that outlines what the general focus of the class was (hips, backbends, restorative, arm balances, etc.) and how it made you feel. Make a note of the class day, time, and teacher — you will be required to provide this in your application.
- Reference: You will need to supply a written reference (1500 characters max.) from someone who can attest to your character and has known you for 3 years or longer, along with their contact information. This reference should be current and pertain specifically to your YTT application.
- Gmail Address: You must use a Gmail address (or Google account email) when completing the application.
- Application: Complete the relevant Diversity Scholarship application (see below).
- Finally: Please email email@example.com to make us aware of your submission. This helps us keep track of applicants in the event of any technical issues with the online forms.
Applications & Deadlines
February-May, 2023: Winter/Spring 200Hr Teacher Training
We will be accepting scholarship applications while spaces are available up until midnight on January 12th, 2023. Early application is recommended. You will be notified of your application status within 4 days.
Click here to apply for scholarship >>