September 23, 2022 - January 22, 2023
300Hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (Online or In-Person)
Yoga Teacher Training with Colleen Saidman Yee and Rodney Yee
Location: Yoga Shanti & ZOOM
Details: This is a Yoga Alliance certified program for RYT200 graduates
About This Program
This program is currently OPEN for registration. We will be accepting registrations until August 29th, 2022. Please “Register for Zoom Session” even if you intend to participate in some (or all) of the sessions in person. You must also complete the application form—you will find the link to this in your email receipt after you enroll and complete the tuition payment (see below for payment plan options). Watch a free video replay of our recent 300HR YTT Info Session on Zoom where Colleen and Rodney answer student questions.
The Essence of Yoga: Ancient Wisdom for our Modern Times is a deep immersive experience that will move you beyond the fundamentals of yoga into the realm of subtlety and increased wonder. The program can be taken either entirely online, entirely in-person, or a combination of both! This advanced yoga teacher training gives you extensive access to Colleen, Rodney and the program Mentors. Individual attention and mentorship is a unique and supportive aspect of this training. The community that develops is significant, supportive, fun, and long-lasting! Colleen and Rodney will guide you in establishing and refining a strong foundation for a life-long study and teaching of yoga. The curriculum will include a deeper look into your daily home practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation. Your teaching skills including sequencing, alignment and seeing and understanding bodies will be honed. Anatomy, philosophy, and chanting are important components included in the curriculum. There will be special guest appearances from some of the most renowned yoga teachers of our time.
Upon acceptance into the program, you will receive a list of required and recommended readings and written assignments. You will have a one-on-one Zoom session to introduce you to our online platforms. This unique program will take place over the course of 3 months, beginning September 23rd, 2022 and ending January 22nd, 2023 (see the exact schedule of dates below). Most of the sessions take place over weekends. At least 80% of the program must be attended in real-time, but every session is recorded and available to watch on Replay for when missing a session or two is unavoidable—or for review in your own time. Replays are also available for 30 days after the program ends.
Our 300-Hour advanced teacher training covers the following topics:
- Enhancing your own practice and understanding
- How to confidently teach a class for the desired energetic outcome
- Sequencing for emotions, advanced poses, the health of the spine and nervous system
- The art of verbal instruction and demonstration
- Pranayama and meditation
- Experiential anatomy
- Seeing and understanding bodies
- The relevancy of Eastern philosophy for the Western mind
- Essential studies
The training begins with a 5-Day Intensive to dive deeply into our advanced studies, which is then followed by seven training weekends and ends with 3 days of final evaluations. Please note that students are required to participate live at least 80% of the time. (Please communicate with us beforehand if you anticipate missing more than 20% of the actual program dates.)
2022/23 Program Dates
- Initial 5-Day Intensive:
Friday, September 23rd – Tuesday, September 27th: 9:15am – 4:30pm (EST)
- Weekly 1-hour Mentorship Calls:
Tuesdays, with the option of 12:30pm or 7:00pm (EST)
- 8 Weekend Sessions:
January 20-22 (Final evaluations)
- Fridays: 6:00-8:00pm (EST)
Saturdays: 9:15am-5:00pm (EST)
Sundays: 9:15am-4:30pm (EST)
- Additional Required Yoga Classes:
Students are required to take one class every week with Colleen or Rodney during training. These classes can be taken live or on-demand any time within the same week.
+ Students must take 5 Beginner classes throughout the duration of training.
+ Students must complete 5 class observations throughout the duration of training.
- When Love Comes to Light by Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- Yoga FAQ by Richard Rosen
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Chip Hartranft
- Yoga For Life by Colleen Saidman
- Moving Toward Balance by Rodney Yee
- The Muscles Premium application from the Visible Body anatomy series.
- Yoga Body by Mark Singleton
- Zen Mind, Beginners Mind by Suzuki Roshi
- The Book of Joy by Dalia Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by Iyengar
- A Yoga Mat
- 2 Yoga Bricks (foam or cork)
- 3 Blankets
- 1 Yoga belt or strap
- 1 Sandbag (fill with 5 lb fish tank pebbles)
- A chair
- A yoga bolster (the 3 blankets can substitute)
- A reliable internet connection and computer/device with a camera and microphone.
- The WhatsApp mobile application installed on your smartphone.
- A location in your home that you can set up as a yoga practice space.
- A setup so that instructors can review your practice virtually if you are practicing from home. Your space should be very well lit so that you are clearly visible on screen. It is important that instructors are able to see your full practice space.
This teacher training is designed for students who have already completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program. Serious practitioners looking to continue their personal studies in yoga are also welcome to apply. Admittance into the program is subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
Tuition for this program is $3900 and includes a 25-class yoga pass for online or in-person classes with Yoga Shanti for the duration of training. Multiple monthly payment plans are available (see below). Graduates of previous Yoga Shanti Teacher Trainings can participate in this training at a reduced tuition of $3300. (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
Payment Plan Options
- 3 monthly installments of $1315
- 4 monthly installments of $987
- 5 monthly installments of $789
- 6 monthly installments of 567.50
- 3 monthly installments of $1100 (previous grads only – no fee)
- 5 monthly installments of $660 (previous grads only – no fee)
Previous graduates should email email@example.com for discount code.
How to Enroll
Spaces are available in this program and we are accepting registrations until August 29th, 2022. Please “Register for Zoom Session” even if you intend to participate in some (or all) of the sessions in person. You must also complete the application form—you will find the link to this in your email receipt after you enroll and complete the tuition payment.
The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship
Yoga Shanti is dedicated to making yoga accessible to as many people as possible and to increasing diversity in the yoga community. As part of our commitment to this endeavor, we have established The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship to encourage and assist people from under-represented groups to join our training program. The scholarship application deadline for this training is midnight on July 31st, 2022. Please forward this information to anyone you feel may benefit from this opportunity.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Students may withdraw from the training up until end-of-day on July 31st, 2022 for any reason for a refund of any tuition paid, less a completely non-refundable $300 administrative deposit. After July 31st, 2022 no refunds will be given but the funds may be used towards another training should we schedule another 300-hr training within 18 months from the student’s original registration date. (Another 300-hour training occurring within this time-frame is not guaranteed.) Students who are on payment plans who withdraw from the program for any reason are required to complete their tuition payments on the original schedule in order to be eligible to participate in another training within 18 months. In the event that we do not schedule another training, the entire sum will be non-refundable. In the event that a student is refused continuation of the program at any time for any reason, there will be no refunds made and the student will also be charged any remaining tuition balance.