300Hr Advanced YTT: The Essence of Yoga
Yoga Teacher Training with Colleen Saidman Yee and Rodney Yee
Details: This is a livestream virtual program for RYT200 graduates
About This Program
The Essence of Yoga: Ancient Wisdom for our Modern Times is a deep immersive experience that will move you beyond the fundamentals of yoga into the realm of subtlety and increased wonder. This entirely virtual advanced yoga teacher training gives you extensive access to Colleen, Rodney and the program Mentors. Individual attention and mentorship is a unique and supportive aspect of this 300-Hour Yoga Shanti Teacher Training. The community that develops is significant, fun and long-lasting. Colleen and Rodney will guide you in establishing and refining a strong foundation for a life-long study and teaching of yoga. The curriculum will include a deeper look into your daily home practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation. Your teaching skills including sequencing, alignment and seeing and understanding bodies will be honed. Anatomy, philosophy, chanting, and social justice are important components included in the curriculum. There will be special guest appearances from some of the most renowned yoga teachers of our time.
Upon acceptance into the program, you will receive a list of required and recommended readings and written assignments. There will be a Zoom intro session where we will teach you how to navigate our online platforms. This unique program will take place over the course of 4 months, beginning April 22, 2021, and ending July 11, 2021 (see exact schedule of dates below). Most of the sessions take place over weekends. We recommend taking the course live as much as possible. But, if you aren’t able to attend live, you have the option of watching the class on replay, as all sessions are recorded. Every week, you will be required to virtually attend our pre-scheduled Zoom sessions that will be led by the program Mentors. These will also be recorded. We feel that it is such a boon to be able to bring you this training during these challenging times!
In each session, we will cover the topics of:
- Enhance your own practice and understanding.
- You will learn how to confidently teach a class for the desired energetic outcome
- Sequencing for emotions, advanced poses, health of the spine and nervous system.
- The Art of Verbal Instruction and Demonstration
- Pranayama and Meditation
- Experiential Anatomy
- Seeing and Understanding Bodies
- The Relevancy of Eastern Philosophy for the Western Mind
- Essential Studies
The training begins with a 5-day intensive to dive deeply into our advanced studies. Subsequently, five additional weekend immersions are followed by a second 5-day intensive. The program concludes with 4 days of final evaluations. Additionally we meet for 1 hour every Tuesday during the training for group Mentor sessions. All sessions are livestream, and are recorded so that they can also be played on-demand afterwards to accommodate time-zone differences or difficult schedules. Please note that students are required to participate live at least 80% of the time. (Please communicate with us beforehand if you anticipate missing more than 20% of the live session.)
- Initial 5-Day Intensive:
Thursday, April 22nd – Monday, April 26th: 9:30am – 4:30pm (EST)
- Weekly 1-hour Mentorship Calls:
Tuesdays, with the option of 12:30pm or 7:00pm (EST)
- 5 Weekend Sessions:
April 30th-May 2nd
Fridays: 6:00-8:00pm (EST)
Saturdays: 9:30-5:00pm (EST)
Sundays: 9:30-4:30pm (EST)
- Concluding 5-Day Intensive:
Friday, June 25th – Tuesday, June 29th: 9:30am – 4:30pm (EST)
- Final Evaluations:
Thursday, July 8th – Sunday, July 11th: 9:30am – 4:30pm (EST)
- Additional Required Yoga Classes:
Students are required to take one class every week with Colleen or Rodney during training. These classes can be taken live or on-demand any time within the same week.
+ Students must take 5 Beginner classes throughout the duration of training.
+ Students must complete 5 class observations throughout the duration of training.
- When Love Comes to Light by Richard Freeman and Mary Taylor
- Yoga FAQ by Richard Rosen
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Chip Hartranft
- Yoga For Life by Colleen Saidman
- Moving Toward Balance by Rodney Yee
- The Muscles Premium application from the Visible Body anatomy series.
- Yoga Body by Mark Singleton
- Zen Mind, Beginners Mind by Suzuki Roshi
- The Book of Joy by Dalia Lama and Desmond Tutu
- Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health by Iyengar
- A Yoga Mat
- 2 Yoga Bricks (foam or cork)
- 3 Blankets
- 1 Yoga belt or strap
- 1 Sandbag (fill with 5 lb fish tank pebbles)
- A chair
- A yoga bolster (the 3 blankets can substitute)
- A reliable internet connection and computer/device with a camera and microphone.
- Recommended: The WhatsApp mobile application installed on your smartphone.
- A location in your home that you can set up as a yoga practice space.
- A set up so that instructors can review your practice virtually. Your space should be well lit, so that you are clearly visible on screen. It is important that instructors are able to see your full practice space.
This teacher training is designed for students who have already completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program. Serious practitioners looking to continue their personal studies in yoga are also welcome to apply. Admittance into the program is subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
Tuition for this program is $3900* and includes unlimited online yoga classes with Yoga Shanti for the duration of training. 4-month and 3-month payment plans are also available (until March 10th and April 10th respectively). Graduates of previous Yoga Shanti Teacher Trainings can participate in this training at a reduced tuition of $3000. (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.) Please note that enrollment is limited to 64 students, so we encourage early registration to secure your place!
* Early Bird Discount: Register by March 15th for a $300 tuition discount.
The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship
Yoga Shanti is dedicated to making yoga accessible to as many people as possible and to increasing diversity in the yoga community. As part of our commitment to this endeavor, we have established The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship to encourage and assist people from under-represented groups to join our training program. The scholarship application deadline for this training is midnight on March 31st. Please forward this information to anyone you feel may benefit from this opportunity.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Students may withdraw from the training up until end-of-day on March 31st, 2021 for any reason for a refund of any tuition paid, less a completely non-refundable $300 administrative deposit. After March 31st, 2021 no refunds will be given but the funds may be used towards another training should we schedule another 300-hr training within one year from the student’s original registration date. Students who are on payment plans who withdraw from the program for any reason are required to complete their tuition payments on the original schedule in order to be eligible to participate in another training within one year. In the event that we do not schedule another training, the entire sum will be non-refundable. In the event that a student is refused continuation of the program at any time for any reason, there will be no refunds made and the student will also be charged any remaining tuition balance.