February 23 - June 5, 2022
200Hr Yoga Teacher Training (Winter/Spring 2022)
Yoga Teacher Training with Colleen Saidman Yee and Rodney Yee
Location: Yoga Shanti & ZOOM
Details: 5-day week-long intensive followed by 6 weekend sessions
About This Program
Attention Brooklyn and NYC-based yogis! Practice Yoga in Red Hook, Brooklyn is now a satellite studio for this teacher training program. Click here to learn more!
Yoga Shanti’s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is an opportunity to open a doorway into self-awareness of body, mind and spirit. This hybrid program includes 3 months of direct study with Colleen Saidman and Rodney Yee, with the option to also attend entirely online, in-person, or a combination of both! This carefully curated program is designed to immerse you in the study of yoga, enriching and strengthening your personal practice, and preparing you to teach a set of safe Shanti-style sequences. Curriculum will include cultivating a daily home practice of asana, pranayama and meditation with a focus on alignment, flow and inquiry of the subtle. You will develop teaching skills including sequencing, seeing and understanding bodies, and manual adjusting. Your study will also include anatomy, philosophy and the practice of anti-racism and inclusion. Plenty of individual attention and mentorship will be available for each student. This training has the potential to transform your life, and we hope that you will join us on this ever-unfolding journey.
The training begins with a 5-day immersion to get you deep into your yogic journey, followed by mini weekend immersions roughly every 2 weekends (see exact dates below—the last 3 weekends are 3 weeks apart). The group also meets for compulsory one-hour mentorship meetings on Tuesdays. Students are required to attend all sessions live for a minimum of 80% real-time participation. The entire program will also be recorded and available for on-demand replay so that students can bring themselves up to speed if there is an occasional scheduling conflict. These replays are also an invaluable resource for students during the entire program, allowing for the review of content during home study.
Winter/Spring 2022 Dates
- Initial 5-Day Intensive:
Wednesday, February 23 – Sunday, February 27: 9:15am – 4:30pm* (EST)
* Saturday until 5:00pm
- Weekly 1-hour Mentorship Calls:
Tuesdays, with the option of 12:30pm or 7:00pm (EST)
- 6 Weekend Sessions Over 3 Months:
Fridays: 6:00-8:00pm (EST)
Saturdays: 9:15-5:00pm (EST)
Sundays: 9:15-4:30pm (EST)
- Required Weekly Yoga Classes:
Students are also required to take at least one additional public Yoga Shanti class each week. This can be taken live or on-demand any time within the same week.
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- Yoga for Life by Colleen Saidman
- When Love Comes to Light by Richard Freeman
- The Yoga of Breath: A Step-by-Step Guide to Pranayama by Richard Rosen
- The Mirror of Yoga: Awakening the Intelligence of Body and Mind by Richard Freeman
- Also required: Subscription to Gaia Yoga Foundations for the duration of training.
Suggested Props for Home Practice
- A Yoga Mat
- 2 Yoga Bricks (foam or cork)
- 3 Blankets
- 1 Yoga belt or strap
- 1 Sandbag (fill with 5 lb fish tank pebbles)
- A reliable internet connection and computer/smart-phone with camera.
- A location in your home that you can set up as a yoga practice space.
- A set up so that instructors can review your practice virtually. Your space should be well lit, so that you are clearly visible on screen. It is important that instructors are able to see your full practice space.
- The Whatsapp mobile application
- The Zoom application
Tuition for this program is $2660 for online, in-person or hybrid* attendance and includes unlimited online yoga classes with Yoga Shanti for the duration of training. A 3-month payment plan is available (incurs $70 fee). Graduates of previous Yoga Shanti Teacher Trainings can participate in this training at a reduced tuition of $1960. Please email your graduation certificate to email@example.com to access this discount code.
* Hybrid attendance: Students can participate online for the majority of training but attend the initial 5-Day immersion or any of the weekend sessions (or all of them!) in-person, pending space being available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Students may withdraw from the training up until end-of-day on Janaury 30th, 2022 for any reason for a refund of any tuition paid, less a completely non-refundable $300 administrative deposit. After January 30th, 2022 no refunds will be given but the funds may be used towards another training should we schedule another within one year from the student’s original application date. Students on payment plans who withdraw are required to complete their tuition payments on the original schedule in order to be eligible to participate in another training within one year. In the event that we do not schedule another training, the entire sum will be non refundable. In the event that a student is refused continuation of the program at any time for any reason, there will be no refunds made and the student will be charged any remaining tuition balance.
Yoga Shanti YTT Diversity Scholarship
Yoga Shanti is dedicated to making yoga accessible to as many people as possible and to increasing diversity in the yoga community. As part of our commitment to this endeavor, we have established The Yoga Shanti Diversity Scholarship to encourage and assist people from under-represented groups to join our training program. The scholarship application deadline for this training is midnight on January 30th, 2022.